Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, October 03, 2020

Steaming and Scheming in The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon


My new novel The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon is out this week in paperback and what a busy week or promotion it's been - and exciting too.

There's a very dramatic event which takes place in the book. It's something that changes the fortunes of everyone involved.  And it was inspired by this old advert for a steam ship journey which I found while researching for the book. 

The advert offers a journey by steam ship from London to Sunderland via Scarborough. And as luck would have it, my book was set between Sunderland and Scarborough. It seemed a stroke of good fortune to come across this advert and I knew I had to use it somehow in the book as inspiration for part of the story. 

You might also like to read and see pictures of  5 Locations in The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon

__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...