Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Building a website while the builders are in



Having a new bathroom installed seemed a good idea at the time.  It was certainly necessary and I'm sure it'll be lovely when it's done. But right now, our house has been turned upside down while the builders are in.

The old bathroom has been taken out, the bathroom prepped for tiling and the tilers are in there now. The new bath's in place and ... well, I'm sure you don't want to know.  This probably reads as dull as ditch water. And that's just how I'm feeling after three days without a shower, having a wash at the kitchen sink instead. And don't get me started on how my hair looks. 

And so, while the builders are in and our lives and our house have been turned upside down, I've been trying to write my new novel. However, I realised quite quickly once the builders arrived earlier this week that I wasn't going to get much done. I managed to write 2,000 words before I gave up, unable to concentrate for the noise - a combination of hammers banging and men singing along to commercial radio. 

Oh, they're a chirpy bunch of builders. They turn up early and work non-stop and I have to say I'm impressed. They're clean and tidy and well-mannered too. It's just that they're here, in our house, and I'm sort of in self-exile in the living room with the door closed while they crack on with what they're doing. Retired husband is in the east wing of the house (the conservatory) reading and listening to music, doing a spot of gardening, making the builders cups of tea as I try to work.  

As I couldn't concentrate enough to write, I decided instead to tackle a long overdue project I've been meaning to do for months. I updated my website, transferred my domain over to Wix and paid the monthly fee to buy some swish design templates to help me get my message across in a mobile-friendly way and with some great images to showcase my stunning book covers.

The results are here, I hope you like them - my website is at http://www.glendayoungbooks.com.
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...