Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

What does a writer do when a writer isn't writing?


I'm in a bit of a limbo - in the best possible way.

Last week I completed writing my novel The Paper Mill Girl. I've pressed the 'send' button and it's on its way to the publisher. It's a book I've loved writing and includes much of the research into paper making methods of 100 years ago I researched at Frogmore Mill in Apsley. I blogged about my visit to Fantastic Frogmore here.

Later this month, I'll start researching and writing my next novel - but I'm allowing myself a couple of weeks off before I start planning that.

And in those two weeks, you might wonder what a writer does when a writer isn't writing. Not too surprisingly, while my fingers are taking a break from bashing the keyboard, my brain is whirring still.

So I've been...

Thinking about what I've done so far with my writing life and what I might do in the future.

Tinkering with a monologue I wrote some years ago to turn it into a play.

Submitting dark and quirky short stories I wrote months ago but haven't had the time to think about or tinker with until now. They're now on their way to short story competitions.

Planning out my spring into summer and beyond for this year. I've a gritty saga novel set in 1919 to write and that takes planning and scheduling.

Travelling across town by bus delivering my Ryhope-set novels to Ryhope Florists where they're offering bouquets and books for Mother's Day. I delivered a large box of novels yesterday which immediately sold out and I've been on the bus again to Ryhope with another box.

Updating my website with press, publicity and news items relating to the latest release of my third novel Pearl of Pit Lane. You can see all of my news items here.

Practising for my talk at Sunderland Antiquarian Society next week. You can see a list of all of my upcoming talks and events here.

And if I'm lucky (whisper it, please)... if I'm lucky I might get to do something I love and I miss. Reading.

__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...