Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A spring and summer of cancelled author events


These are sad and challenging times.

If you were planning on coming along to one or more of  my author talks this spring or early summer, I'm afraid they're being cancelled one by one by the organisers.

This isn't just a lost opportunity for me to chat passionately, if (still!) rather nervously, about my books, but I'm losing an important source of income through sales of books and speaking fees too. My spare room is piled high with boxes of books I've bought specially for the talks and now I've got nowhere to sell them. I'll today speak to the publisher to see if I can return some of the boxes that I haven't yet opened.

Plus, for many older people in the community groups where I'm invited to speak, it's their only interaction with others during the week. Fortunately, these community groups look out for and after each other.

Stay safe, stay well and if you're staying indoors, I can recommend some lovely books to read.

I'm updating the events page on my website as events are cancelled.

And if you'd like to order signed, dedicated books direct from me, all details are here:




Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...