Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Belles of the Back Streets - writing historical fiction set in old Ryhope


Sunderland Antiquarian Society is a lot more fun than it sounds.

The first time I ever ventured inside the society's offices on Douro Terrace in Sunderland, I was terrified. These people were, after all, the keepers of the city's history. I was expecting lots of dusty old papers and dusty old men. Fortunately, there are both - and there's a whole lot more.

They're friendly, approachable and only too happy to help with research into any aspects of Sunderland history. They're open twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday mornings and a willing band of volunteers always have the kettle on, the biscuits ready and ready to help with advice.

I've used the Sunderland Antiquarian Society extensively for researching my books and I'm a fully paid up member now too. They've even been so kind as to include flyers for my books in the mail-outs with their quarterly newsletters (as long as I go in and help stuff thousands of envelopes, which I'm more than happy to do!).

__ 

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...