Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, August 28, 2017

Novel-writing Diary. Week 6: Perchance to Dream


This week I had a holiday, a few days break to my favourite Yorkshire sea-side place and to visit my mum-in-law in Yorkshire too. I also had a birthday so it's been a great week.  It also meant I had a break from writing for a few days.  That doesn't  mean I had a break from thinking and planning and talking to my characters though. No. That all still went on.

But what did happen is that I started dreaming again. I love dreaming and I do it a lot. I have vivid dreams, in colour, that I tend to remember well the next day. But when I'm writing, I stop dreaming. Now I'm not Freud (as you know) and I don't know Fancy Brain Stuff (as you may also know) but it seems to me there's a clear link between creativity during the day time and not dreaming at night. Or at least for me there is.

Anyway, I dreamed. I had a great week's holiday and I ate ice-cream.

Today I'm back to writing again with two chapters to complete before a deadline next week.

Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...