Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, October 24, 2009

New hair, New me/ME

A much needed haircut landed on me today, it's short and fab. The ill person who's been staring back at me from the mirror for the last few weeks has now left the building.

Anyway, I'm on the mend now, back at work part-time for a further two weeks until recovery is complete. The GP says it's Post-Viral Syndrome so of course the first thing I did was Google when I came home from the surgery. Post-Viral Syndrome is also called Chronic Fatigue Sydrome, better known as M.E. It's a slow recovery; let's just say it seems like it'll be a long time before I run to catch a bus again.

3 comments:

diane s said...

Hiya,
I hope you don't feel too worried about the diagnosis - I've had ME for ten years (argh) but if I'd rested more when I was post-viral I don't think I would have suffered such severe symptoms for so long: PVS is really the milder end of the scale, and it sounds like you're looking after yourself. I actually have a nasty virus myself at the mo', and am trying to do the same thing.
Love and luck,
Diane xx

Steve said...

My wife kept getting hitting with post virals after bouts of flu and cold until she learnt to just give in to the initial illness, take time off work and rest. At their worst the post viral last months but I guess full blow ME can last a lot longer... glad to hear you're on the mend. A new barnet can work wonders.

Glenda Young said...

Thanks both. The most worrying/odd thing now is that while I'm recovering slowly, my legs no longer work the same way as they used to. Yesterday was fine, went out for a haircut, today the thought of walking anywhere is impossible. ;-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...