Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hampton Court Palace Flower Show

Decided to change plan this year and instead of heading to the Chelsea Flower Show as we'd done for the last few years, went to the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show instead. It's better. I liked it a lot. It's more friendly, less crowded, more open, you can actually buy the plants instead of just looking at and sniffing them.

The gardens were unusual and provided more inspiration than Chelsea ever does. My favourite of the gardens was this small garden. It was half the size of ours yet really packed a lot in by going deep down into the ground, I liked it a lot.

Something I was less keen on was the insidious Daily Mail, spreading its mindset, giving out free papers (I politely refused mine) and sponsoring one of the marquees (I refused to go in).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...