Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, May 17, 2024

Blackpool, Dainty Dinah, Waterstones and Cakes - my writing week


This week I have been to Blackpool but not for a holiday, it was for research for one of my novels - ah, but I'm not telling you which one!  I visited a library, art gallery and museum and spent two wonderful afternoons and evenings in the Tower Ballroom watching ballroom and Latin American dancing.


While in Blackpool I called into Waterstones and signed copies of Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel, my Scarborough cosy crime. The booksellers in the shop were really friendly too.


Also this week I was sent these wonderful Dainty Dinah cake toppers from Lucky Button Cakes of Houghton-le-Spring. The first 50 copies The Toffee Factory Girls sold by Featherbed Books at the book launch of The Toffee Factory Girls on Sat 25 May receive a free Dainty Dinah cup cake.All welcome! The Lambton Arms, Chester le Street, 10-4. Includes toffee heritage exhibition by Chester-le-Street heritage group. All details at https://facebook.com/events/s/book-launch-the-toffee-factory/770981041632115


Elsewhere this week, advance copies of The Toffee Factory Girls have gone on sale in the Crafty Gift Shop inside Saint Cuthbert's Shopping Centre in Chester-le-Street - the site of the toffee factory in the book!




And here I am with Dainty Dinah herself, on a mural in Chester-le-Street where I visited for a day this week.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.

I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...