Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, March 10, 2023

Cover Girl and International Womens Day - my writing week


This week I finished the first edits on the first in my trilogy of novels. The first one is called The Toffee Factory Girls.  There's still a long way to go, and it's a slow process that needs to be done carefully.

I gave a talk to the Society of Authors (North East) in Newcastle.  The Society of Authors is the union for writers and they offer a great deal of help and support. It was an honour to be asked to speak and I met some great people too.


I was also over the moon to find out I was included in an exhibition at Auckland Castle in County Durham where my novel The Miner's Lass was on display. This was to celebrate International Women's Day.   My novel The Miner's Lass is sitting there on the table, with a brief biography about me too.  How wonderful is that!


And here is Auckland Castle!


I was also the cover girl of local magazine SR7 connect and there's an article about me inside.


I was planned to give a talk to Sunderland U3A but with heavy snow forecast, it had to be cancelled. It will be rescheduled, so do keep checking the events page on my website glendayoungbooks.com

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...