Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 28, 2022

Toffee, beer, crime and a press pass - my writing week


This week I've been in Yorkshire, carrying out research for my next trilogy of sagas which are set in a toffee factory.  I visited archives and a museum. It's been a very busy and productive few days.


This week I was really chuffed to be included in the local community magazine with a full page advert for my new Sunderland saga set in 1923.  You can buy your copy at bit.ly/AMothersChristmasWish


Also this week I felt very grown up (!) when I received my first ever press card. It's from the Society of Women Writers and Journalists, a professional society of which I'm now a member.  


Heading to Sunderland beer festival next month at The Peacock? Look out for the beer that I'm sponsoring PLUS my article about Ryhope pubs and my new novel in the winter issue of CAMRA Angle magazine 

Received this wonderful feedback from some of the people who joined my Heritage Open Days guided walk around Ryhope showing locations from my novels 


My Christmas novel A Mother’s Christmas Wish was reviewed by esteemed writer Pam Norfolk whose reviews are published in many local newspapers too. She said this about A Mother's Christmas Wish "...a believable, richly detailed world in this emotive story full of hardship, kinship, resilience with a memorable cast of beautifully drawn characters, a vivid evocation of 1920s, A Mother’s Christmas Wish will be on every saga fan’s own wish list." and you can read the full review here.  https://pamnorfolkblog.blogspot.com/2022/10/a-mothers-christmas-wish.html


The review was also published in the Lancashire Post and you can read it here.


Tickets are now on sale for  Newcastle Noir in December at Newcastle central library. May I recommend Panel 16, Sunday 11 December, 2pm. What an honour to be invited to be part of this prestigious crime writing festival. The full programme is here.


Join me on Thursday November 3 at The Word in South Shields where I'll be talking about my new Christmas novel A Mother's Christmas Wish (and selling signed copies too!). All details here.


I'm now offering both my cosy crime novels for just £10.99 inc UK postage. If you'd like them all details are here.

I'm delighted to say I am now offering GIFT VOUCHERS which can be exchanged for any of my sagas or cosy crimes.  Perfect Christmas presents! All details at bit.ly/GlendaYoungGiftVoucher


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...