Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, September 09, 2022

Researching toffee - my writing week


This week I began researching in earnest. This is for my trilogy of novels inspired by Dainty Dinah (Horner's) toffee factory in Chester-le-Street. This week involved meeting a local historian and joining a new library. 4 months of research lie ahead and it's very exciting indeed.


Each time I research a new book I like to have an item related to the book which I pin to my writing board for inspiration. So far these have included a scarlet ribbon, a red feather and a silver sixpence. For my Toffee Factory Girls books I've bought an antique Dainty Dinah toffee tin


Elsewhere this week, my Christmas saga A Mother's Christmas Wish was included in The Bookseller's preview of fiction coming out in November. It's already getting 5 star reviews from readers of the ebook, hardback and listeners to the audiobook. Fabulous! It's my favourite, so far.  Buy it here bit.ly/AMothersChristmasWish


If you're reading this blog post before Saturday 10th September, there's still time to register to join my walk around Ryhope showing locations from my historical novels. It's free. All details here.


Reviews are important to us authors, so if you've read any of my books, please consider leaving a review on Amazon to let others know about my books. It'd mean the world, thank you. And here's the link - bit.ly/GlendaWrites




I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...