Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 19, 2021

The KLF, tough women, book clubs & short stories - my writing week


This week I've been concentrating on editing the second draft of my current novel. It's hard going and I've been fully immersed. Once the second draft is done, I'll print it out again, read it through once more and polish it up before it goes off to the publisher. 

Writing isn't easy, it really takes it out of me mentally, and physically too. Sitting at my PC for hours on end when I lose myself in concentration makes my back ache. I've been doing stretching exercises after each writing session, moving to music that uplifts and inspires me. It's proved quite the tonic, and I had this favourite song on repeat last week.


Elsewhere this week, I was very proud to be invited by History of Consett Steelworks to contribute to their schedule of online talks for International Women's Day on Monday March 8th. More on that here.


I sold a short story to Take a Break's Fiction Feast magazine. And if you're wondering where on earth I get the time to write short stories as well as my novels... I don't! This story was one I wrote in the first lockdown last year when I had a couple of weeks of free time, but have only just got around to submitting.  I'll let you know when it's printed, it's a fun story with a touch of romance.


I was interviewed by Chat magazine and I'll keep you updated as publication draws near. The magazine got in touch with me to interview me after they saw this feature about my love for TV soap opera Coronation Street last year in the Mirror.


Also this week, the wonderful ladies of Roker Life book group invited me to join them by zoom to discuss my novel The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon which was chosen as their first book to read. We all wore our scarlet ribbons too! I'm the one at the top in the red top, wearing my reading glasses. (Photograph shared with permission).   The book club really enjoyed the novel and will be reading another of my novels, Pearl of Pit Lane next. What an honour!  

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


And finally, I wrote another Coronation Street weekly update and sent it to my emailing list of thousands of Corrie fans around the world. I've been running this list since 1995 and if you'd like to sign up to receive these weekly updates, all details are here.


See you next week.
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...