Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 26, 2021

Submission, Domination - my writing week


It's been quite the week. 


I s
ubmitted my current novel to my publisher Headline and bought a bottle of prosecco from ALDI to celebrate tonight. It's a wonderful book, a saga set in 1924 in the northeast coalmining village of Ryhope where I was born and bred. It stars my most wayward heroine of all, to date, and she's wonderful.


Also this week, as one novel winged its way from me to my publisher, another arrived in the post. My copies of The Paper Mill Girl arrived and to hold the book, finally, in my hands, was a dream come true.

The Paper Mill Girl was given a lovely preview in MyNews magazine. Read more on that here.


As one book goes off to my publisher Headline, and another comes in, I'm juggling a third book too. My debut cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel is out in hardback, ebook and audiobook in August and in paperback in November. This week I received the copy edits on the book which I'll work through next week. It's pretty much the final bit of editing I need to do on the book, and so very exciting indeed.


In other news this week, I was busy with my make up brush!  I was invited to a zoom chat with Sunderland University staff about my writing life, which was quite wonderful and I really enjoyed it.


I also recorded two short videos, one for a local library and one for the History of Consett Steelworks. These are online talks which will be going live during March and I'll keep you updated as to where, when and how you can watch them.

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


And finally, I wrote another Coronation Street weekly update and sent it to my emailing list of thousands of Corrie fans around the world. I've been running this list since 1995 and if you'd like to sign up to receive these weekly updates, all details are here.


See you next week.


__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...