Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Pig sick

Despite no flu-like symptoms, the doc's given me Tamiflu and instead of being poolside with a beer in Spain, I'm still off work sick with a bad cold and now, a nasty virus too.

This is my first day out of bed in a few days and the fact that I'm up and blogging, emailing and catching up is a sign of recovery, I hope.

However, we've had to cancel our two week annual jollies to Spain, which we've had booked for months, to a very special place to celebrate a special anniversary for my lovely man and I. Needless to say, we're both fed up.

It's only the second time in my life I've had to cancel a holiday due to not being well. The first time was as a kid when my brothers and I all caught chicken pox at the same time. My parents cancelled our annual fortnight to Gorleston-on-Sea and once we'd recovered, they took us on a last minute booking to Walton-on-the-Naze. I've never been back.

3 comments:

Tvor said...

Aw crap! Hope you're up and about soon and can rebook!

KAZ said...

Oh poooor you.
But 'Gorleston-on-Sea and Walton-on-the-Naze' please tell me you made those up..

Steve said...

Total utter bummer. Hope (a) you recover soon and (b) manage to grab a slice of the sun at another time sometime soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...