Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Head space

When my head's in a good place - i.e. not feeling too homesick / hating London / stressing about work - I not only read, I devour books. And it's in that zen state of mind that I'm reading one after the other of my Christmas present books right now.

First off was Nick Davies' Flat Earth News about the way all newspapers reprint information without checking the truth. Gripping, disturbing stuff.






Then it was Ska'd for Life, the autobiography of Horace Gentleman, bass player of The Specials. A rollicking read, well written, I couldn't put it down and carried this book with me everywhere. May 6th can't come soon enough.





And finally was Suzi Quatro's autobiography. I'm loving the book so much I went out and bought the Best Of.. CD today. The story of her life is gripping and well written but the bits about seeing angels, spirits, ghosts and other spooky things that go bump in her night, I could have done without.

2 comments:

Steve said...

So that's what Suzi was doing down Devilgate Drive - meeting up with Yvette Fielding and Derek Acorah for a Most Haunted Special...

Clippy Mat said...

I like the look of the first 2 books for sure. I'll write down the titles. Ta, I always like a recommendation.
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...