Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Grand Central

If you've been following this blog for a while, you'll know that I'm fond of train travel (exhibits A, B and C) but not so keen on the tube (A, B and C).

Anyway, ever since I moved to London over seven years ago there's been talk of a rail link from Sunderland direct to London without the inconvenience of changing at Newcastle. I waited months, years, and have now been on my first rail journey from that London to up north in one easy swoop courtesy of Grand Central trains. There's only three trains a day at the moment, bless them, but they're friendly and cheap and best of all, go straight from where you are to where you want to be without having to go through that place where no self respecting Mackem ever wants to lay foot. Thank you very much, Grand Central trains. I'll be using you again.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Your sphere of influence is evidently huge Nora... now maybe you can direct your knowing and wise gaze towards the UK economy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...