Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, August 11, 2008

Theatrical treats

To the theatre three times in a week which puts me in danger of becoming a luvvie.

First to the Royal Festival Hall for The Wizard of Oz. Despite some awful reviews and a half empty house, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it wholeheartedly.

And then up to my favourite seaside town for a weekend by the sea, taking in two Alan Ayckbourne plays at the Stephen Joseph Theatre. I've blogged these two here, they were both brill.

6 comments:

KAZ said...

Glad you enjoyed them luvvie.

Anonymous said...

I want your life!
ii na, as we say in this neck of the woods.

Old Cheeser said...

Not sure about seeing "Wizard", as much as the film is a total classic. Glad you enjoyed it though.

I saw "Wicked" a while back, which while enjoyable, was somewhat overrated I felt.

And incidentally I did go and see Mamma Mia (the movie) after all, and actually thought it was pretty damn entertaining!

Steve said...

I quite fancy seeing The Wizard Of Oz, I must admit... how do they do the whirlwind on the stage?

Glenda Young said...

Missbehaving: you can have my life as long as you take the tube panic attacks too ;-(

Steve: In answer to your question: Badly! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes there is that isn't there, can't be fun for you.
maybe we could trade the odd attack with the odd day with one of my sons, and I am not mentioning any names!!;)

btw, I love the pics you post!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...