Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Joy of YouTube

One of the absolute joys of YouTube is finding songs and videos that bring back memories from (too) many years ago. The other day I was boogying about in my chair to the theme tune from the Double Deckers Saturday morning telly show and today I had a lump in my throat listening to this.

It’s Morrissey and Siouxsie singing Interlude. It wasn’t a commercial success because of the falling out of the two mega-ego-icons (allegedly) who refused to promote it. It’s classic though but, and the way Siouxsie’s voice soars at the end sends shivers down my spine. Don’t watch the video though, which has nothing to do with the song, just listen to it and tell me it’s not fab. Go on, I double-decker dare you.

2 comments:

Steve said...

oooh. That sent shivers up my spine. SO good to hear Souixsie's voice again. That knocks the spots of anything that's around at the moment. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

Steve said...

Have to say I've now watched the Souixsie / Morrissey video three times. I can't get over how good it is. I actually like the video too - I nice reference to (presumably) the Ruth Ellis case. It adds to the poignancy of the song / lyrics and gives it a special little twist. Is that Miranda Richardson in the video? She's such a cameleon. She has a face that she seems to be able to subtley change at will. Total class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...