Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Marianne Faithfull at The Pigalle Club

To the rather swanky Pigalle Club in Piccadilly Circus this week for a slap up meal in a 1940s-inspired supper club and to see Marianne Faithfull on stage. A wonderful night, an incredible woman. But enough about me. If – or rather, when – I’m ready to leave London, it’s nights like this (and this) that I will miss the very most. Lord Melyvn of Bragg was in the audience too and stood within spitting distance of our table. Not that I spat. When Marianne came back on stage to do her encore, she sang this and it almost broke my heart.

2 comments:

KAZ said...

'At the age of 37, she realised she'd never ride through Paris
In a sports car, with the warm wind in her hair'
I did it - well it was a Ford Capri with the window open and I was 37 and driving.
BUT, I've never seen Marianne. Sounds great.

Old Cheeser said...

Yes great song. The video is a bit of a let-down though and doesn't really portray what's in the lyrics. I love the idea of the suburban housewive who goes mad and clambers onto the roof of the house, when all the laughter grows too loud...

Incidentally interesting that Kaz has a Patsy Stone avatar, as Marianne popped up in "Ab Fab" a couple of times as the female incarnation of the devil - and was very good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...