Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Pursuit of Happiness

Happiness is finding a book, reading it, enjoying it so much you can't put it down. You carry it around with you everywhere you go just in case you have a spare five minutes to read a few more pages. You take it into the bath with you. It's there by your bedside when you go to sleep at night and it's the first thing you put in your handbag the next morning to take to work.

Such was the intense relationship I've enjoyed reading Douglas Kennedy's novel The Pursuit of Happiness. It really was that good. 

My only gripe is the cover of the book. It's got nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with what's inside. And all of it's good, all of it.
______
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...