Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, April 16, 2021

Bestseller, Fairytales and Writer of the Week - my writing week


The big - nay, huge! - news this week is that my novel The Paper Mill Girl made it into the official UK top 50 bestseller list.  She's only just in there, debuting at number 49, but it's a huge milestone for me and my writing, the first time I've ever been in the main bestseller list. What an achievement for my little book!


Elsewhere this week I've been putting the final touches to the preparation for my second cosy crime set in Scarborough.  I've tested all of my research, character profiles, story arcs and plot against this great book called Wired for Story. I use it each time I write and before I begin planning my chapters. That's the next job which I'll do next week before I start writing at the end of this month. It's going to be a fun summer of writing my second cosy crime.


The second cosy crime will be called Set for Murder at the Seaview Hotel and features sleuth Helen Dexter, landlady of the Seaview hotel, with her trusty rescue greyhound Suki.  I've been finding out more about greyhounds to bring Suki to life even more in this book and went for a walk with a lady who rescues greyhounds.  That's me on the left in the purple coat and lilac hat.


Also this week I was Writer of the Week at The People's Friend magazine website. What a treat!  I talk about writing my weekly soap opera Riverside for the magazine each week and a little about my writing routine when I'm writing novels.  You can read it all here.


I also has a magical, contemporary, fairytale short story called Wishful Thinking published in The People's Friend magazine this week. It's a story which I wrote during last year's lockdown. You can find out all about it here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!


__

Glenda Young
Author of Sagas & Cosy Crime novels, published by Headline


Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...