Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, June 06, 2019

Putting Sunderland on the map


I studied at the University of Sunderland as a mature student, taking a journalism degree course some years ago. And since I've left Uni, I find myself drawn back there more than ever now that I've become a writer. And yes, it still feels odd to say that about myself.

As an alumni member of the University, I'm allowed to use the library facilities and have been spending a great deal of time there researching and writing my historical novels set in Sunderland in 1919.

The Murray library at the University is the place where I also plan out my novels, spreading A4 sheets, folders and files all over a massive table, the likes of which I need and don't have at home.  And it's as a thank you to the University and the alumni association that I have written a few words about them in an interview with the University on the publication of the hardback of my second novel The Tuppenny Child.

Putting Sunderland on the map.

-- 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...