Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Desert Island Disco


Yesterday I had a bit of a day.

First stop was BBC Radio Newcastle who invited me in for a chat after they'd spotted I was giving a talk at this year's Sunderland Creative Writing Festival. My talk is all about how to write and sell short stories to women's magazines. There might be some tickets left (it's free) if you'd like to come.

Anyway, so off I went to Newcastle on a packed and sweaty Metro, having to stand all the way there for the full thirty minutes of the journey. It's days like those that I am grateful, more than ever, for my five second commute to work along the hallway from my bedroom to the study.


I arrived at the BBC for what was my third radio interview there in the past few years. I was invited in the first time to talk about the ITV official Coronation Street TV tie-in book Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street.

And the second time I was invited in was to chat about an unofficial TV tie-in book all about Carla Connor.

And now, this time, I was chatting about all things, well, me. I was quizzed about my three book deal, which has just been announced by the publisher.

I also spoke about the Coronation Street Blog, which I edit, being a finalist for another UK Blog Award and I also spoke about the Creative Writing Festival and my talk on women's magazines too. I was also allowed to pick five records in a Desert Island Discs kind of a way.

The whole interview was recorded and as soon as I know when it's going live, which will be spread over five days of a week (dates to be confirmed) I'll be sure to let you know.

I really love doing radio, me.


Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...