Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Flash Fiction: Benji the flying dog


When Benji grew wings, the vet agreed it was unusual for a dog of his age. It troubled me more than it bothered the dog that we had to visit the vet. It was the first time in months I had left the house - but I still couldn’t make eye contact. When the vet said beware of Benji flying at night I gazed at the animal hair on the floor.

But as it turns out, the night flights are the best. Benji circles the garden, jumping and barking and just before take-off, just before, I jump on his back and we soar, the two of us laughing and barking and flying and happy. And I see all that I’ve been missing in months.

Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...