Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A is for Apples

 
Having fruit trees in the garden is quite wonderful. We get beautiful blossom in the spring from three apple trees and two pear trees.  That's followed by wonderful foliage in the summer and then fruit in the autumn. The only problem is, neither himself nor I like pears and we're not that fond of apples either. 

We tend to give a lot of the fruit away to those who want it and this year we've got pear wine on the go.  While I'm not keen on eating apples raw, I do like apples cooked and in cakes. So when I saw this recipe in The Guardian for apple curd tart I thought I'd give it a go.

 
Here's the final thing, fresh from the oven.  And here, below, is how it should look (on the left) and how mine looks (on the right).  The difference in colour can be explained by the fact that I ran out of sugar so I used half white sugar and half demerara sugar. This never happens in Great British Bake Off, does it?  My tart also appears to look less 'set' than the one in the recipe but I can assure you that it tastes absolutely wonderful.


______
I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

1 comment:

Tvor said...

Yum!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...