Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, June 03, 2013

Sunderland Big Bike Ride 2013

If anyone had told me a couple of years ago that I'd be a happy cyclist, I'd have laughed in their faces and took their beer away from them as clearly they wouldn't have been right in the head. Either that, or it was said by someone who didn't know me very well.

And if anyone had told me a couple of years ago that not only would I be a happy cyclist, but that I'd be cycling in to work and back on a regular basis (as long as it was dry and sunny) and I'd have taken part in not one, but two, Sunderland Big Bike Rides, well, I wouldn't have believed them.

But, dear reader, all of it came true. 

This weekend I rode 27.5 miles in the Sunderland Big Bike Ride 2013,  raised £175 for the charity Cancer Research UK.  There's a picture of me in the Big Bike Ride photo album on the Sunderland Council facebook page so if you know me, you'll find me there.

Obviously, the picture on this blog post isn't me. It's a stock image, copyright free. But it's how cycling makes me feel. And yes, I did take my feet off the pedals yesterday, swung them out to the side and let out a very long "wheeeee...eeee...eeeee" - when no-one was looking, of course.

Read about my first experience of the Sunderland Big Bike Ride 2012

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...