Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Don't forget to breathe... two, three

I did something today that I haven't done in months, and oh, it felt good.

Regular readers will know I'm a big fan of yoga but I had to give it up after five years when I moved to a new job and couldn't find a class. There was one place I was recommended to try but they only offered colonic irrigation, which I didn't think was a fair swap, so declined.

Anyway, to help lose stress so bad it brought on panic attacks for the first time in my life a few weeks ago, I've started practising yoga again. By 'eck, it's good stuff. Why isn't yoga free on the NHS? If I was Health Secretary, I'd make it so and if I was Education Secretary, I'd make it complusory in schools. But I'm neither of those, I'm just me. And being me means being able to blog and tell you in my very own words that yoga is A Good Thing.

2 comments:

Speranza Speaks said...

Totally sympathize with the panic attacks -- they are the worst thing in the world, bar none. And a pox on all those eejits who say 'just breathe into a paper bag.' Pretty crap advice when it feels like you're on the tracks and the train's coming ...
hang in there, sweetie, you're not on yer own.

Glenda Young said...

Ta very muchly, speranza!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...