Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, April 19, 2024

Week 2 of my retreat in Scarborough - my writing week


Last week and this week I've been in my happy place of Scarborough in Yorkshire, but I'm not here on holiday. I'm here to write and work. I'm writing book four in my Scarborough cosy crime series and making very good progress, with no distractions.  Whilst here, I'm walking each day and making the most of the scenery as inspiration for my scenes in the book. 

While in Scarborough this week I was invited to The Cumberland Hotel by Alfa Travel to give a talk on my books, for charity Re-engage. This was a wonderful event and I even met a lady with the same name as me!





I travelled in style on the Central Tramway Funicular where one of my books is set. Books are for sale at the top station of the funicular too!



And although I'll be leaving Scarborough at the end of this week to travel home, I will take a piece of Scarborough with me. Treated myself to this wonderful coaster to place on my writing desk at home.

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...