Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, April 12, 2024

Week 1 of my retreat in Scarborough - my writing week



This week (and next) I'm in my happy place of Scarborough in Yorkshire, but I'm not here on holiday. I'm here to write and work.  I'm writing book four in my Scarborough cosy crime series and making very good progress, with no distractions.  Whilst here, I'm walking each day and making the most of the scenery as inspiration for my scenes in the book. 

Speaking of scenes in the books, here's the bench that Helen Dexter sits on, when you imagine her fictional Seaview Hotel on the clifftop!


I called into Scarborough library to drop off free bookmarks and postcards. While there, I picked up the festival brochure for the Books by the Beach this year in town. I'm speaking on Friday 7 June at 3pm, all welcome, but tickets must be booked in advance.




One of my daily walks around Scarborough brought me to one of my favourite spots.


And I was included in The Scarborough News article about the Books by the Beach festival too.


The first professional review is in for The Toffee Factory Girls.  And it's the first 5 star review I've ever been given by the prestigious Karen Byrom. You can read the full review here.


Jumping back to Books by the Beach festival, here's the t-shirt I plan to wear. When you know...you know!


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.

I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...