Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, May 06, 2022

Waterstones book of the month, Competition and 99p Offer - my writing week


This week is all about getting ready for the launch of my second cosy crime set in Scarborough. It's called Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel


It's a fun, cosy crime / murder mystery set in Scarborough, published by Headline. It stars an acting troupe who arrive at Helen Dexter’s Seaview Hotel to rehearse a play they hope will save a much-loved local theatre. There's a lot riding on this play. However, the leading lady is a diva, the playwright is highly strung and tension in the troupe is high. When one of the actors is found dead on the beach, landlady Helen Dexter and her rescue greyhound Suki set out to solve the crime. And just when Helen thinks things can’t get any worse after one of her guests is murdered, the hotel inspector arrives!  

Here's the link to Amazon for the hardback and ebook and audiobook (paperback is out in August) -  http://bit.ly/CurtainCallAtTheSeaviewHotel

And so, as preparations abound for the ebook, hardback and audiobook launch of the book on Thursday May 12 (paperback is out in August), I had a full-page feature in Red Herrings, the monthly newsletter of the rather wonderful Crime Writers' Association of which I am a member. 


And they included the book on their Hot Off The Press page too (it's at the end as it's A-Z and with my surname, you get used to being at the end).


I was also interviewed for the Big Interview by The Recs online magazine, who are very supportive. Check it out here.


There's a competition to win a signed, hardback copy of Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel along with a 360g box of Milk Tray and free bookmarks. Enter here.


And I sent out my monthly newsletter for May 2022.  I've got a special 99p offer for you this month, a competition to win, an exciting book release and more! You can read it online here.


My box of books arrived from the publisher and as soon as they arrived, I signed them and posted them all at the post office. They're on their way to reviewers and to those who have helped with research for the book.


One morning this week I woke up an email from a reader who has had me floating on all all week. With her permission, I am reproducing some of her amazing words, below.


And Murder at the Seaview Hotel has been named as Book of the Month in Sunderland Waterstones! Here it is in the cafe upstairs in the bookshop, my favourite coffee shop in Sunderland.


As you know, I also write gritty sagas. Perhaps the grittiest, darkest of them all is Pearl of Pit Lane, about a girl who tries to escape a life of prostitution in the pit lanes of a coalmining village. During May you can download it for Kindle for just 99p at http://bit.ly/PearlofPitLane


I spotted my debut cosy crime, Murder at the Seaview Hotel, on special offer in Sunderland Waterstones. Buy one, get one half price!


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...