Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The plot thickens and adventure begins


15 sheets of paper, one for each chapter. They're all blank right now, I mean, right at this minute. I can see them from the corner of my eye as I type up this blog post. This displacement  blog post. 

I want to start plotting, and yet... and yet I'm too scared to start. 

For once I begin I will lose myself to the story, a rollicking one at that. It could be my strongest yet. 

Another adventure begins.

I'll see you in October. 

Post-blog note: One hour later and the planning is starting to make some sort of sense. I love the physical cut and paste, the poring over my work as I plot and plan all the twists and turns. I'll leave it looking like this for a day or two on my study floor. Post-it notes will be moved, destroyed, added.  And only when I feel it sits right, that the action is spread evenly across the whole work, will I start typing up my chapter plans. But these will be written loosely, for anything unexpected that could (and should) happen as I write...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...