Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I said no, no, no

One of the joys of blogging is to say what you want and type what you like. The success of my other blog, the Coronation Street Blog has meant this week I was been approached by people wanting to get in on the act. Yes, they tried to make me blog for money, but I said no, no, no.

First off came a flattering offer of writing for a well known telly blog that I like and read often - and getting paid for it - but I said no. I've had enough of blogging for cash after doing Corrieblog for two years. And then came an offer from an international company asking if they could give me cash in exchange for ad space on my Coronation Street blog. Again, I said no. I'm blogging for no-one but myself these days and that's the way I like it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, FN. Independence of thought is something that money cannot buy. And original thinkers are rare.
Three cheers for both your originality and independence.

Clippy Mat said...

money?
as in cold hard cash?
and you said no?
er,
well done?
i think.
;-))

Steve said...

You know you have real power then you can say no to money. It's terribly liberating. Good on you, Nora. You are now a national treasure (unprivatized).

Glenda Young said...

Thanks everyone. I feel a bit "holier than thou" now but I REALLY hate adverts on websites and having been online since 1993 when cybbergrrrls ruled and advertising was unheard of, I still like to think I carry a bit of that spirit within me and of course, in me blogs.

KAZ said...

Excellent Nora.
Good for you , you, you!

Anonymous said...

Good on ya!
I'll kiss the hem of your skirt when I see you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...