Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Poetry - Thick neck and tattoos

Each week I enter the Let's Twist competition in The Spectator. I've never won and I never will and that's not false modesty, I know I'm not literary enough. But each entry I send in, although it doesn't win or get published, sits on my computer wanting its day in the sun.  Now is the time for my little poems to shine.

The Spectator brief was: The Rime of the Wedding Guest

Thick neck and tattoos
by Glenda Young

She’s far too good for him, they say
And I think they may be right
He’s got tattoos, a very thick neck, an unflattering overbite
But I’ll smile when they exchange their vows and rings
I’ll giggle when she throws her bouquet
My Chanel suit will shine on the wedding photographs
Of my son’s wedding day

Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...