Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Poem: Things I see from the Metro window

Mucky buddleia
The greyhound stadium
This is … your station
Mirrors on the platform
Overhead live wires
Silver tracks shining 
Passengers disgorging
Pylons

Passengers must not
Maximum penalty
Swaying side to side
Trying not to touch the man sitting next to me
Manspreading 
Traffic lights 
Security cameras on spiked metal poles
Abandoned garage
Sheds in gardens
Pylons

Stop, look, listen
Graffiti and bridges
Roaring and rolling and screeching and shunting
Long stay car park
Yellow and black, stand back
Bike lane, blue sign
Bobby’s Bathroom Tiles
You are here
Pylons

Trains to
Tunnel
Blackness
Escalator
All change
Disgorge
Hoovers up
Spits out


Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...