Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Wanted: Writing mentor, apply within

When I decided to start writing fiction last year I had no idea I'd do so well. That's not me being modest; I've always known I had it in me to be good but I never dreamed I could - and would - have my fiction published.

During 2016 I've had a succssion of short stories published in two different women's magzines and was commissioned to write a weekly soap opera for one of the magazines too.

I've been entering short story competitions and although I haven't won anything (yet?) I have had two stories longlisted and one was highly commended.

A flash fiction story of mine was read out at the launch of a Sunderland cultural programme - find out more about that here.

All in all, not bad. I know I'm still in the early stages of a fiction writing career and I know I've got a lot to learn.

And that could be where you come in. If you'd like to, that is.

I'm looking for a fiction-writing mentor, someone who will take my work and show me how to make it better. Someone who will show me how to write a competition-winning short story, show me how to get published in an anthology, find an agent, help me start my novel.

Interested applicants, please apply within to glenda.young@btinternet.com

Find out more about my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

2 comments:

Admin said...

Just being curious, Glenda but did you find your mentor?

Glenda Young said...

Not yet...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...