Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, November 26, 2016

The award what I won

To my first ever awards bash today where I had my best frock on to receive an award.

The ceremony was the North East Museum Volunteer Awards 2016 and was held at the Great North Museum Hancock in Newcastle.

Unknown to me, I had been nominated for my voluntary work at Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens and Monkwearmouth Station Museum.  I work behind the scenes so I'd been nominated for the Hidden Treasure award - and I won it too. 

I can't tell you how proud I feel to have won the award, but also, to have been nominated.  I love my volunteering work at the museums and really feel passionate about it too. I do it because I love it a lot. Volunteering with Sunderland museums one of the most satisfying and rewarding things I have ever done in my life.

To have that passion rewarded with this nomination - and to actually win the award - feels amazing. Absolutely fantastic.

I am celebrating with tea and cake and I might just have a little beer later, too.

See also my blog post: The value of volunteering.

Find out more about my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...