Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My new soap in The People's Friend magazine


I have some very exciting news... very exciting indeed! 

Today, Wednesday September 28th 2016, The People's Friend magazine is on sale. And inside, for the very first time in the magazine's history, is the opening episode of a weekly soap opera.

The soap is called Riverside, and I'm very proud to say that I've wrote it.


Riverside
is set in the fictional town of Ryemouth, an ex-industrial town undergoing regeneration. While most people welcome the changes, there are some who are resistant and like the old ways best.  It’s all about the old and the new and how the two interact. It’s funny in places; touching, dramatic and serious too.


When I received the email from the fiction team at The People’s Friend asking if I’d be interested in writing a soap, I almost fell off my chair with shock. I went through every emotion possible. I felt enormously privileged at having been asked but at the same time I was terrified at the thought of creating my own characters and storylines.  

And so, I wrestled with a great deal of self-doubt and anxiety. I knew that if I said yes, that I absolutely had to get it right for The People’s Friend. I had to forget about Corrie and every other TV soap I’d ever seen, and focus on the kind of drama that would work in such a beloved magazine.

I'd love to know what you think. 

It's in the shops today.

Find out more about my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

1 comment:

Pat Posner said...

HUGE congratulations, Glenda.Really looking forward to reading it. Off to get my copy later today.
xxPat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...