Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The happy little word

On my #2minutebeachclean today I found the usual plastic bottles, plastic bottle tops, plastic containers, plastic boxes... you get the picture.  It's a lot of plastic and it makes the most wonderful noise as it rattles into the recycling bin once I get home.

But I also found this stone. Just an ordinary stone that someone had written the word Happy on. It'd been washed up on the shore. I brought it home and I'll keep it for a while, it's in the garden where I can see it from the kitchen window. What a lovely stone. What a lovely thought.

I might reciprocate and write my own word on a stone and leave it on the shore for someone to find. A word like Broccoli or Nemesis or Artificial.

Oh, and I also found that golf ball in amongst today's beach walk and clean.


Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.


I'm on twitter @flaming_nora

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...