Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 14, 2011

Tracie Bennett as Judy Garland in End of the Rainbow

To the newly restored and quite beautiful Theatre Royal in Newcastle-upon-Tyne last night to see Tracie Bennett as Judy Garland in End of the Rainbow.

I was absolutely blown away by Tracie's performance. The acting, singing and energy of the show, which was basically a one-woman show, was incredible. It's one of those shows that's going to stay with me for a very long time. I haven't enjoyed a theatre event this much in years, and as you know, if you're a regular Flaming Nora reader, I enjoy going to the theatre a lot.

At the of the show, the audience didn't give Tracie a standing ovation, it was more of a group leap from seats, clapping wildly and cheering. Bravo! Bravo, indeed! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...