Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, October 11, 2010

Kirsty MacColl Concert

Sunday night at Shepherd's Bush Empire for the tribute Concert for Kirsty MacColl. It's been 10 years since she was killed, and still, no justice. The concert was held on Sunday 10th October, on what would have been Kirsty MacColl's 50th birthday, hence 10.10.10.10. 

A wonderful night with performances of some of Kirsty's greatest hits from artists like Billy Bragg, Alison Moyet, Kim Wilde, Amy MacDonald and many more. Hosted by Phil Jupitus, the concert was recorded for radio but there'll be more than a little bit of editing to be done but I do hope they keep in Phil's comments about Simon Cowell. Sadly, somehow I don't think they will.

Anway, remind yourself, if you need reminding, of what the x-factor really is.

2 comments:

Old Cheeser said...

I bet it was good. Yes her death was a sad loss and a real shock. I loved the Tropical Brainstorm album, using Latino/Brazilian influences suited her. I played "Us Amazonians" to Gustavo - interesting perception of South American people!!

Marginalia said...

I only know a couple of her songs. "A New England";"Fairytale of New York" and "Days". For me they represent some of the best of British songs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...