Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 25, 2008

B52s at Camden

To Camden Roundhouse last night to see the B52s, aka My Favourite Band. Caught up with them last summer when they did a short stint at Lovebox but last night in Camden they did a full-length gig and it was well worth the wait. Kate Pierson looked stunning and sounded fantastic. Cindy wore her satin shorts and beer belly with pride – indeed, it’s a look I’m aiming for myself. And Fred danced around in a controlled fashion looking like he had a bad smell under his nose. They sang new songs and I danced. They sang old songs and I jumped up and down like an overactive puppy. And when they finished with Planet Claire I went a bit bonkers. Came out of the hot and sweaty gig with my hair plastered to my head and a huge grin on my face. And as we left, spotted Sophie Ellis-Bexter in the audience too.

6 comments:

MYM said...

LOL! Sounds like FUN!! I like them too :)

Steve said...

You've danced with Sophie Ellis Bextor? Was there murder on the dance floor?

Glenda Young said...

She really was uncommonly beautiful.

Old Cheeser said...

Yes Ms Ellis-Bextor is a bit of a stunner. Needs to do something about her sticky-out ears though.

Did the B52s do "Roam" (one of my favourites? Might have to download that Funplex album.

Glenda Young said...

Roam was the highlight of the night for me (apart from Planet Claire). It was mad, really mad, a wonderful night. Funplex is good - same old same old - just as we like 'em!

Anonymous said...

I saw the B's at Anaheim house of blues on mothers day and they were awesome, Come on now give Cindy a Break she has had 2 Children and is still a Classic Beauty, Kates 60 years old and still got it, especially after the Nude photo Scandal, who says you cant be sexy after 60, Keith blew me a kiss and it was the highlight of my evening, Fred is still the same wacky want to be game show host he ever was with a sassy bad attitude about everything , you go Fred !!!!
Check out the new Album it is one of their best"Love in the year 3000" they are at the top of their Game, Long Rock the B-52s!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...