Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Robert Dazzler, Esq.

What - or who - was the original Bobby Dazzler? In the north-east where I'm from, a bobby dazzler was usually referred to a baby or a child who was, like, super-cute as in: "That bairn's gorgeous, isn't she? A right bobby dazzler." Or, it was used to referred to something like a piece of jewellry that was shiny and huge, as in: "Her engagement ring's a right bobby dazzler". But where does the phrase bobby dazzler come from - anyone know? I'd love to think there was a person called Robert Dazzler, Esq.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Being a sad net surfing kind of guy I found these two possible explanations: Bobby origin 1 or Bobby origin 2.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...