Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Monday, March 05, 2007

Peace, Love

Last weekend I met peace activist Helen John. Now a grandmother of 68, Helen was the co-founder of the Greenham Common Women’s Peace Camp. I was in my late teens when the peace camp was founded and remember, vividly, watching the news every evening to see pictures of the women at the camp. In my heart I was there with them, I wanted to be with them, but I didn’t go for many reasons. I was too young, my mother wouldn’t have let me, I was too much of a coward, I didn't know how to get there on the National Express bus. Instead, I joined CND. When I met Helen she gave me a CND leaflet about a lobby on March 14, the day the Government make their decision on replacing Trident. Helen won’t be at the lobby on March 14 as she’s up in court that day for this.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Appalling. The most terrifying thing about the UK at the moment isn't the threat of terrorism but the very real actions of the Government...

KAZ said...

Nominated for a Nobel peace prize -and our government tries to lock her up.
Things are getting scary round here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...