Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Samuel Johnson is my soul boy

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."

Samuel Johnson

“Yes well that’s all well and good, Sammy boy, but what about the times when I long for open space, the sea, fresh air, fields, trees and smiles?”. Flaming Nora

2 comments:

Steve said...

Even Sammy J was persuaded to pack up his dictionary, leave London and drag his big butt around the Hebrides for a month or two... and by a Scottish drunkard too. I think I respect Sammy even more because of that.

Old Cheeser said...

I think I agree with your philosophy, Nora. London ain't all it's cracked up to be! And space is one thing that's hard to find in this crowded metropolis.

Richmond Park is rather splendid though. Probably the nearest London gets to countryside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...